Saturday, June 19, 2010

Losing It with Jillian!: Episode 3- "Which women do you want to be?"


Boo, NBC. BOO! You know that people watch your show. You have the balls to move the program around from 8 pm to 10 pm to 8pm. . .and we follow you. Then after the President's very important BP speech, you decide to show your loyal viewers "Losing It with Jillian" already in progress. We lost the first 20 minutes of the show.

THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW WAS IN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES!!!!

And then to show a repeat of Last Comic Standing at 10 pm? Good Lord people.

Of course, I had to wait until the show came On Demand. I felt like all the live tweeting would have really benefited from the first 20 minutes because the matriarch of the May family is NUTS! I have never seen Jillian afraid of someone sneaking into her room and killing her at night.

It was SO amazingly weird and nutty and I was totally bummed I didn't get to share that with my live twitterers. It would have made up for the luke warm reception that Losing it has sort of had.

Don't get me wrong- I love Jillian and I like the show and I am impressed with the changes the families are making. My complaints are that the show is too short, I don't really get to see HOW the family is making the changes, and I don't know if there is lasting power.

Also, is Jillian really cleaning the houses or does she have a team? And how clever are the editors to erase any helping hands?

Sigh. This third episode was the best in the bunch. The May family consists of Mom, two daughters, and a son. The dad is MIA, divorced from the family because I can only assume he left the mom for another person. Mom is eating her problems, is a RAGEAHOLIC, and her poor daughters are following in her footsteps. The son seems to be doing a little better, but he is the only guy in a house full of chicks.

Jillian not only has to deal with the healthy eating and exercising, but also the overflowing May's garage of stuff. She decides to help the family let go of some of their baggage, but LORD. You must watch the mom freak out. When she yells "SELL IT ALL!" it makes your blood chill.

The reveal of the family when Jillian returns in 8 weeks is also a mind blower. The mom lost 74 pounds. THOSE ARE AMAZING NUMBERS! And the daughters both look like television stars. I still don't QUITE know how it happens or how quickly, but it is impressive.





Listen to my plea, NBC. Don't keep jacking me around! Or I'm going to Lose It.

No comments:

Post a Comment