Thursday, September 24, 2015

Getting Some Outside Help

Being a stay-at-home mom has been amazing but also a rude awakening. In my imagination, before I left my job, I thought I would have plenty of time to workout AND my house would look like Martha Stewart's AND I would be raising a thoughtful and talented child.

All my time has really been on the latter.

I love this child with every fiber of my being, but lately I've become frustrated because I haven't been able to get the traction I desire losing weight. It's not Gemma's fault. Clearly, I needed a mind shift.

I thought back to how I lost my 60 pounds 13 years ago. What was different?

I was 26. I was single. I only had myself to worry about.

Fast forward to now and I am married and I have a baby. I've lost 7 pounds in 3 months but I had to fight way too hard. My priorities are different but I still need to find time to take care of myself. Plus, if I ever want to train clients I need to look like I train myself. Books get judged by their covers all the time.

So, I made a big decision yesterday. I joined Weight Watchers!

I lost my weight by counting calories and exercising. I've been trying to count calories since I've had Gemma and it is so time consuming I just stop because I don't have the energy.

Weight Watchers uses points instead of calories. Each food has a point value and you are allowed a certain amount of points a day. No guessing. No counting. No research.

I'm anxious to see how my experience will be on this program!!!

If you are going through your own struggles, it's okay to ask for help. Support is how we get through this life journey. I'll share my progress with you, and if you've been on the program before I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment