Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 21 and 22: intenSati Insanity Challenge

Who has two thumbs and a serious case of the Mondays? This guy! I am gesturing to myself, in case you couldn't tell.

After the intenSati weekend I had, I was a little tired and a little grumpy to bring it with Insanity today. Especially when I saw what the title was: Pure Cardio AND Cardio Abs. CARDIO ABS! Lord. Where will I muster the courage? THE COURAGE?!?

I had to reflect upon my lessons from Sunday. I took intenSati with a new instructor, Erika (here is her twitter feed) who is amazing and inspiring. The class was HUGE and had maybe a million people in it. The energy was through the roof! I honestly don't know how I get this sweaty. I mean, I could feel the sweat dripping off of my chin onto the front of my shirt. GROSS! But kind of cool, too. I like it when I am that into something.

Then it was time to towel off and change for the Leadership Workshop that was hosted by Patricia Moreno and her friend and president of the Handel Group Laurie Gerber. Laurie is super adorable and ambitious and wants to save the world! One life coaching at a time.

I wish I had all night to tell you how much I learned from taking this class and how I can't wait to have more cash-o-la to take life coaching- because I can see how beneficial it can be and I want to shout it from the rooftops! But I actually have plans this evening and I have to cut it short.

I wanted to leave you with Laurie's tips on being a leader- they are amazing!

1.) A leader has clear vision- they have their vision locked in.
2.) A leader walks the talk.
3.) A leader's vision is all for the world and is connected to that.
4.) A leader puts themselves through hell PUBLICLY.
5.) A leader has courage.
6.) A leader can keep track of their mind.

Can you identify yourself in these steps? Can you see yourself being a leader?

Of course you are. :) So I sucked it up and did the Cardio Abs. And it was good.

If you are interested in learning more about the Handel Group, click here. More about intenSati? Click here. Wanna rock Insanity? Click here.

1 comment:

  1. I love your story and congratulate you on your personal success! I'm just getting back into a serious workout routine after some-odd years of blandly running on the treadmill, and it really is amazing how much energy (however you want to think of it) you create--and how you must use that to continue forward! Love that you see it from both sides.

    ReplyDelete