Saturday, October 10, 2009

Foster Fitness Feature: 10 Minute Solution Tone Trouble Zones with Amy Bento

I am an avid at home exerciser. In fact, most of the 60 pounds I have lost have been in the comfort of my own living room. So, one of the features I will start having on my blog is product reviews of items that have helped me reach and maintain my goals.

My first review has to be about Amy Bento, one of my favorite fitness personalities. She is cool, take charge, in amazing shape, and I so want to be her when I grow up. When I grow up, I will let you all know. :) Amy is the instructor on this installment of the 10 Minute Solution DVD series, and Tone Trouble Zones does exactly that.

If you are new to the at home workout, 10 Minute Solution is a series of workouts that promise you a quick, effective workout in merely 10 minutes. Each DVD has 5 blocks of exercises that are completely customizable- you can work out for 10 minutes to 50 minutes, and each 10 minute block has a quick warm-up and cool down so you feel like you are getting a full workout in as quick a time as possible. I own a few of these DVD's and they are really great in a crunch or if you want to add an additional workout to a specific part of your body.

Tone Trouble Zones 5 segments are:
1.)Arm and Shoulder Sculpt
2.)Butt and Thigh Blaster
3.)Sleek and Sexy Abs
4.)Total Body Tone Zone
5.)10-Minute Stretch

The DVD allows you to put these workouts in any order you choose so you can pick what areas you want to target. AND it comes with a 6 foot resistance band which is the only piece of equipment that you need for the workout. Pretty nifty, right? I found the band to be a little on the light side of resistance, but you can substitute any grade reistance band for your needs.

What I love about this DVD is the arm and shoulder segment- what a burn!- and the butt and thigh segment. The resistance band really allows a full range of motion that you can't get with dumbbells. My favorite exercise is the skater squat: while standing on the resitance band in a wide stance, you squat side to side like you are on ice skates. Seriously, my rear feels warm within two or three reps.

Another great thing about this DVD is that it is totally portable. Yes, I know the DVD itself is light and travels well, but since this video only requires a resistance band, you can stick it your carry-on luggage and have a great workout on vacation or that next business trip.

My only complaint is that since each segment is 10 minutes long, some of the transitions are lightning fast. Once you have done the video a few times you know what to anticipate next, but your first couple of times through you may find yourself pausing and rewinding.

Overall, Tone Trouble Zones is a great workout and a great value since it comes with everything you need. What are you waiting for? You've got 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment