Monday, December 7, 2009

A Journey to the Center of Falling Off the Face of the Earth OR Don't Quit Your Day Job. . .Yet.


So. . .where have I been world?


I often don't let myself rest, and now that I have begun this bloggy endeavor and the tweeting and the fan page on Face Book, my time home hasn't felt like MY time. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE writing this blog, and I love connecting to people all over the world that have similar interests to mine that I can share what I have learned and I can learn from them. Starting Foster Fitness has by far been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.


The problem is that I still have my day job, or night job really if you think about my hours. During the day I work out and I write articles and I tweet with my pals and then I have to get ready for a 7 to 8 hour shift at my restaurant gig. I am thankful that I have a job that pays me so well in these tough economic times. I realized at the end of last week that I am burning the candle at both ends, and I was starting to wear myself down.


Wednesday night I felt so tired, so I made sure to get plenty of sleep that night. All day Thursday I was utterly exhausted, but still managed to meet my daily 30 day goals.


I hit the wall Friday. Hard. I hit my nose and my kneecaps. It hurt.


I had to change my goal that day to REST. I needed to unplug the lap top and walk, not run, to the nearest exit and spend some time recharging my own batteries.


I knew I needed to change something because I wanted a cheeseburger for breakfast. My body was craving major protein, and a Shakeology was not going to cut it. I didn't work out: Instead, I went to the movies. I watched television. I went to work, and then slept until 11 the next morning.


I began to feel the fog clear. I worked out for 30 minutes (who doesn't need a little Jillian Michaels kickboxing for some motivation) and rested some more and went to work and by Sunday I felt like my old self again.


Everyone at my job has been getting ill and I knew that if I continued at my crazy pace I would be benched from the game of Life. Realizing that you aren't a super hero is hard! That taking care of yourself is just as important as lady guns and funny commentary on The Biggest Loser. That your readers will forgive you for not blogging for a couple of days and they will still be there when you get back from Wonderland.


It feels good to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment