Monday, December 21, 2009

California Adventure- Day 4- Early Christmas

Day 4 caught me unawares: I went to church with the family, went to a lovely brunch, helped set up Christmas lights and decorations, and then went over to the boyfriend's family's house to have an early Christmas dinner.

OH NO.

More than one Christmas dinner? YIKES. I walked into the house and smelled turkey. I looked over and saw an assortment of pies. *gulp*


It hadn't occurred to me that I was going to fight this temptation more than once this season. A great holiday meal is a wonderful thing: Is two holiday meals too many?


I fussed in my brain, trying to devise a plan. Then I realized that it's JUST FOOD. IT'S ONLY FOOD! And food is not the enemy. My poor choices that I used to make are.


So I enjoyed the juicy turkey, loaded up on the steamed veggies and had a dollop of the green bean casserole. I avoided the bread. And for dessert? I took thin slices of the pies I wanted to try and I savored them.


It was really nice to meet all the family I hadn't met, and I felt proud of myself for not overindulging. That was the Christmas Miracle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment