Thursday, May 27, 2010

SUMMER TV PREVIEW!

Can you believe that Memorial Day is this weekend? My GOD. I feel like we just celebrated the new year! With the change in seasons and the major finales of many of our favorite television programs, it is time to say HOLA to the new shows I will be blogging about this summer!

LOSING IT WITH JILLIAN: Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels doesn't take many vacations. The BL just wrapped up on Tuesday, and this Tuesday (June 1st) Jillian goes out on her own to travel America and move in with one "lucky" family so she can transform them. It isn't just about working out, either. It looks like she tackles everything from family relationships to hoarding. It sounds like all my favorite reality programs wrapped up into a neat, six-pack abs package. NBC: Tuesdays at 10/9 c.







DANCE YOUR ASS OFF: Controversial but incredibly entertaining, Dance Your Ass Off kicks it into high gear Monday, June 7th at 9/8c on the Oxygen Network. I LOVED THIS SHOW! Last season I watched as some overweight guys and gals put it all out there and left it on the dance floor. It was really inspirational to see people working out, doing something that they LOVE to do. Dancing is a calorie scorcher, and the results for some of the contestants was jaw dropping. New for the season: Mel B (aka Scary Spice) will now be hosting instead of Marissa Jaret Winokur, the chubby little star of Hairspray on Broadway.












HUGE: ABC Family, which in my mind makes some of the most questionable family programming out there (Tell me why Pretty Little Liars exists), has a new show about fat kids at fat camp called Huge. I don't know how I feel about this, but I won't know until I watch it. I'm assuming it's about kids coming to terms with themselves and others. I'm okay, you're okay. ABC Family: Mondays starting June 28th at 9/8 c.

BRIDAL BOOT CAMP: Leave it to super reality television vehicle VH1 to put on a show that combines all the cattiness of Rock of Love with the intensity of Harvey Walden IV on Celebrity Fit Club. Two teams of ladies compete to lose weight and win their dream wedding. The show may be hosted by a transsexual. Tell me if I am wrong, but shim sounds manly. VH1: Premieres Wednesday, June 9th 10/9 c.



Watch with me, tweet with me, read my blog. This summer is going to be hot and sweaty, with a 45% chance of some chaffing.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I love you; for opening my eyes to shows like Bridal Bootcamp! I can't wait for this to start lol...and of course jil jil's show is at the top of my list =)

    ReplyDelete