Monday, May 24, 2010

I was running!


There must have been some crossed wires, but I did not get to do the boxing class tonight I was going to review. I sat inside the entrance to Central Park stated in an email for about 20 minutes after the class was supposed to start and didn't see anyone even remotely resembling a group of boxing students. I did see a dad playing catch with his son and thought about horning in. . .but then realized the kid was better at baseball than me.


So the review will be at a later date.


What I wanted to blog about was how awesome it felt just to get outside and RUN. I thought in my infinite wisdom (and awesomeness) that I would run to the class seeing as I live on 96th and CPW and the class was on 76th and 5th Ave. Just 1.5 miles according to Google Maps. I put on the Couch to 5k app on my Iphone, inspired by last week's episode of The Biggest Loser where they run a marathon.


It felt SO GOOD to run with the other "professional" runners, seeing all the different shapes and sizes and ages merging together to just sweat. I felt exhilarated! I got to the class, which didn't happen, and thought, HELL, let's run back home. And I did.


The lung capacity that I earned through doing Insanity definitely helped, and it also helped that it wasn't January in New York. Running in the cold was really hard for me. I felt like a champion. Now to parlay that feeling into an actual race!


If Koli can run a marathon- HELL, if MIKE can run a marathon- I can run a marathon. Let's start with the 5k, though. K?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! I love running. There are other forms of exercise that are more enjoyable DURING, but never do I feel more... alive than after a great run. Sounds like you could do a 5k no problem!

    ReplyDelete