Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Nikes! Review of the Nike XT Quick

Behold! The Nike XT Quick in Grey Volt Beauty. . .
So, you have almost made it through the first week of January.  Hopefully, you are hitting the gym faithfully!  Nike wants you to be well shod during the winter months when we are all stuck inside, and offers your resolution a big life preserver with the Nike XT Quick.

The XT Quick is a low profile, high fashion cross trainer that offers your feet stability for cardio classes and support for runs on the treadmill or that long elliptical session.  The XT Quick also offers a place for the Nike+ running sensor that syncs up with your Ipod or Iphone to track your progress.  And who doesn't need some motivation and encouragement to get us through the new year?

Here is what the Nike website says about their shoe:

The Nike Free XT Quick Fit+: Versatile and flexible


Cardio workouts. Drills. Weightlifting. The Nike Free XT Quick Fit+ Women's Training Shoe brings flexibility and support to all of your training activities.


Benefits
No-sew upper for enhanced comfort and flexibility
Flywire for ultra-lightweight support and comfort
Nike Free flex grooves for enhanced flexibility and stability


Support
Side-to-side movements are essential to drills and other training activities, so the Nike Free Quick Fit+ was designed with Flywire on the upper for lightweight lateral support in the forefoot. Flywire is made up of thin, super-strong nylon fibers that strategically hold the foot in place, helping to reduce slippage during movement.


Flexibility
Nike Free XT technology uses full-length, multidirectional flex grooves to allow the foot to move in a more natural way for training. Exaggerated and intuitive flex grooves extend into the midsole to help reduce the overall weight of the shoe and enhance multidirectional flexibility so you can be nimble on your feet.


Additional Details
Breathable mesh upper
Synthetic overlays for support
Outsole rubber pods for durability and traction
Nike+ ready

Here's what I thought about the shoe:

First off, I LOVE the style and color!  Dark steel grey with lime green accents?  SOLD.  But besides being pretty, I had to make sure the shoes were functional.  I have been wearing them at the gym for about three weeks, and my first thought was how light the shoe was.  Many cross trainers I have owned over the years have felt heavy or clunky, and running shoes don't have all the great side to side support that I like.

After a couple of hours, the large shoe lace grommets were digging into the top of my foot- I have high arches- but after relacing the shoe and loosening it a bit, the fit is perfect and comfortable.

I was also thrilled about the Nike+ capability!  I liked tracking my runs in the warmer months outside, and now I can do it on the treadmill during the winter.

Overall, I give the Nike XT Quick an A for awesome!  Thank you to Alex for sending me the pair I am now wearing to review.  What a great way to start the new year with some new shoes! 

Want to own a pair?  Check out nike.com for colors, prices, and where to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment