|This week's Biggest Losers: Dan and Don.|
Jack is right. The Biggest Loser is an important part of the NBC line up. It makes them a lot of money and a lot of people watch it. SO WHY IS THIS SEASON SO OFF?
Okay. This is my wish list.
- Reveal who The Unknown trainers are. DONE. We have met Cara and Brett, who seem very inspiring. I like their background stories and clearly their methods are working. Look at the numbers their people are producing! Why wait until the third episode?
- Combine the clips of The Unknowns and the ranch contestants together. Why? Because the ranch contestants are all the gooey cuddly folk and the unknowns are the ones willing to show some personality.
- Edit Courtney's monologues down. Maybe we only need to hear about her journey pre-Loser once an episode?
- Edit the pictures of Rulon winning the Olympic Gold Medal. Maybe we only need to hear or see his Olympic story once an episode?
- Tell us more about Q and his wife whose name I can't pronounce.
- Show us the weigh in of The Unknowns.
- If NBC isn't going to do more in show plugs, maybe have longer commercial breaks instead of more commercial breaks. I saw a lot of Expo white board and Biggest Loser Kinect game ads. More than I wanted.
Here are the parts of the show I found the most awesome this week:
- Sarah from The Unknowns is 58% body fat. Trainer Brett said, "I didn't even know you could be 58% body fat." Reason why: She was in a major car accident and instead of reworking her muscles she let them atrophy. Now she doesn't have as much muscle to burn calories. Dr. H tells her she will have to work out 90 minutes a day for 6 days a week for the rest of her life. WHOA.
- The Unknowns throw eggs at the Bj's during a team challenge.
- Marci and Denise win lunch with Curtis Stone and Marci totally hits on him. Cougar Town!
- Matt Damon is on a PSA for the Pound for Pound Challenge. IT IS AWESOME! I would put it on here but apparently it is no where to be found.
- Rulon has been an Olympic Gold Medalist and a plane crash survivor. He may be invincible.
- Dan admits he is a police captain. WHAT? Are there no health guidelines for police officers in my home state of Oklahoma?
- Arthur has a mystery illness that is not mentioned. He is on antibiotics and is told to up is calories by Dr. H, but no one says anything until the final weigh in.
- Moses of The Unknowns has already lost over 60 pounds.
- This week's weigh in where the s%$t hits the fan!
Jen: From 250 lbs to 242 lbs- 8 lbs lost
Jay: From 364 lbs to 350 lbs- 14 lbs lost TOTAL: 22 lbs lost, 3.58% BW
Irene: From 232 lbs to 224 lbs- 8 lbs lost, 3.35% BW
Marci: From 218 lbs to 211 lbs- 7 lbs lost (plus won 2 lb advantage from Curtis Stone challenge)
Courtney: From 298 lbs to 292 lbs- 6 lb lost TOTAL: 13 lbs lost, 2.91% BW
Olivia: From 239 lbs to 233 lbs- 6 lbs lost
Hannah: From 226 lbs to 220 lbs- 6 lbs lost TOTAL: 12 lbs lost, 2.58% BW
Arthur: From 463 lbs to 459 lbs- 4 lbs lost
Jesse: From 278 lbs to 269 lbs- 9 lbs lost TOTAL: 13 lbs, 1.75% BW
Dan: From 263 lbs to 272 lbs- 9 lbs GAINED
Don: From 280 lbs to 289 lbs- 9 lbs GAINED TOTAL: + 18 lbs, + 3.31% BW
"How can it be the same?" the bemused Don asks in the worst acting job on the planet. I mean, this is community theatre level stuff. If Dan wants to go home and hang with his wife and kid, why doesn't he gain the weight and Don lose weight? Now Don has to stay on the ranch and incur the wrath of Bob and Jillian because he so obviously threw the weigh in. Why can't any one from any season every admit it?
Irene, who won the only vote through a really boring water carrying challenge, sends Dan home, where he loses 72 pounds on his own. He has a really cute daughter. THE END.
Next week: More Don drilling and a pizza party!