Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fun New IPhone Toys (aka Apps)

I am an app enthusiast.  Meaning I have a lot of them.

I found two new apps that are super awesome and I must share!

Nike+ GPS is my new fave app for running or walking! It doesn't require special shoes or anything in your shoe to keep track-- just your IPhone with GPS.  It has many options for music (but no shuffle option, which C25K has) and the voice over lady sounds super professional and not at all like Mary Poppins.  The new female voice over on C25K (named Alison so I had to try it) is not even supercalifragilistic.  Besides being able to log how you felt and the type of terrain and all that jazz after your run, it shows you on a map where you ran and when you were fast and slow!  THAT IS THE COOLEST!  I love finding out where exactly I was in Central Park and how far I really went.

You can also challenge yourself to beat an old time or challenge your friends.  And you can tweet and facebook your run like C25K.

courtesy meditationoasis.com

I also just purchased the Meditation Oasis apps Simply Being and Relax & Rest to help me with falling asleep and reducing my stress hormones.  I used the 30 minute guided meditation last night and slept like a rock.  I can't wait to keep using it!  There are a variety of options, from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, all with a peaceful voice over and New Age synth music.  If you are feeling super stressed out or are having issues with sleep, get these apps for a song- 99 cents each!

Got any new apps you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment