Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again


Old country version or Aerosmith version- take your pick.


Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are limiting your Easter goody intake- I don't think that Cadbury Cream Eggs are in the dairy group or count as a protein. You know, I had one the other day and it wasn't as delicious as I remembered. I love the fancy organic super dark chocolate I get at Whole Foods, and the chocolate the egg was made of was a little. . .plastic. I was shocked! I love the egg! But I ate it and reminisced about being a kid and being obsessed with the gooey creamy center.


I wanted to check in with you all about my injury and let you know I successfully completed the Insanity Core Balance and Recovery week that I set out to do! I think the issue with my hip came from squatting too deeply. I really was getting down there, equating low squats with "success" and "progress", only to pull all the muscles. Way to go, Alison.


I was so afraid of hurting myself again! The first day I was so timid, but after the yoga day with Bob Harper (I felt amazing the next day after the class, it was like magic) I pushed through the week with more and more enthusiasm every day, culminating in the intenSati class in Central Park yesterday.


I am now ready to pick up where I left off and FINALLY finish that last week of Insanity! And get my "I finished Insanity and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt.


Have a wonderful day whether you celebrate the holiday or not- and let's get ready to kick some Insanitail this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment