Monday, December 20, 2010

Why Wait?

Happy Monday Morning, y'all!

I was in a funk yesterday, and I had to have a good night's sleep to shake it off and try to figure out WHY I was feeling blue.  And this morning the answer popped into my head- WHY WAIT?

Yes, it is the holiday season.  And every holiday season, everyone throws caution to the wind and eats all willy nilly and gains weight and feels like crap and decides that January is the time to start fresh.

WHY WAIT?


I was feeling frustrated because a lot of my new, soon to be clients at the gym all want to wait until January to start living a better, healthier lifestyle.  It took me a long time to get where I am now, and if I could go back in time and talk to fat Alison, I would tell her not to wait until tomorrow.  That all I want is on it's way--if only I could grab the reigns TODAY and make it happen!

That is my holiday wish for you all, dear readers.  Don't wait until January 1st to start your journey to health and wellness.  What is you went for a walk today?  What is you pulled out that yoga DVD, what if you went to the gym and took that Zumba class, what if you passed on the cookies at the holiday party?  How would you feel TODAY?

Feeling good today beats the pants off of feeling better two weeks from now.

WHY WAIT?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, Allison! I've had a rough time (read: gained weight) lately because I'm traveling for work and living in hotels this month. I did okay for awhile because I was staying in a place with gym access but now I don't even have that and eating out all the time is GROSS. I'll be home for Christmas and I know that temptations will abound but I also know I'll look and feel better if I stick to my guns thru New Year's! So thanks for the encouragement. Glad to hear that sleep cleared off the funk :>)

    ReplyDelete