Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Biggest Loser- #BL11- week 16- The Biggest Loser XTREME

It's mostly water weight.
This episode of The Biggest Loser must have been created just for Earth Day because it was made of all recycled materials.  New Zealand?  Check.  Jumping off of tall structures?  Check.  Brett?  Check.  Kaylee speeches about believing in herself?  Check.  Hannah living in fear. . .again? Check.

I love The Biggest Loser, but this episode was really boring.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but what happened to working out and overcoming fear via mind bullets?  How come we have to overcome our fears by being in a harness?  And why does the show think we want to hear more about Kaylee when she should have been sent home weeks ago?

My questions may never be answered.  Sigh.

The contestants are now playing as singles, which means that make over week is right around the corner- that's good!  I did love that Olivia won the challenge and immunity, and I loved the breathtaking scenery of New Zealand.  That place is awesome looking!  What I would like is a little more balance between the trainers story and the contestants story.  Last time I checked the show isn't called "Top Trainer".  Someone tell Cara and Brett!

Plus, what about the Rulon drama?  I hear the contestants saying they don't want him to win- but why and what is going on behind the scenes!?  That sounds like a more exciting story arc than whether or not Cara can be just as good a trainer as Bob and Jillian.

I know, I know.  I am rambling.  Recycle my own quote: "My questions may never be answered. Sigh."

After a tag team, four trainer Last Chance Workout, it is time for the weigh in.

Olivia:  From 172 lbs to 168 lbs- 4 lbs lost, 2.33% BW  (immunity)

Rulon:  From 311 lbs to 301 lbs- 10 lbs lost, 3.22% BW

Kaylee: From 168 lbs to 163 lbs- 5 lbs lost, 2.98% BW

Irene:  From 161 lbs to 157 lbs- 4 lbs lost, 2.48% BW

Austin:  From 255 lbs to 250 lbs- 5 lbs lost, 1.96% BW

Jay:  From 270 lbs to 265 lbs- 5 lbs lost, 1.85% BW

YELLOW LINE

Hannah:  From 164 lbs to 161 lbs- 3 lbs lost, 1.83% BW

Ken:  From 247 lbs to 243 lbs- 4 lbs lost, 1.62%  BW

Hannah's worrying came true, putting her below the yellow line with Ken, but her strong bonds with the remaining players keeps her in the game.  Be thankful Hannah!  Chin up, stiff upper lip, all that jazz.

Ken heads home, revealing more weight loss at 238 pounds.  He takes his two younger children on a paragliding adventure.  Apparently the contestants can't get enough xtreme sporting.  Looking forward to The Biggest Loser: Snowboarding and Balloon Race Adventure Inside a Live Volcano next season.

Next episode:  ONE HOUR LOSER!  See where some fave past contestants are now, and see one contestant walk off the show.  My guess?  Cara.  Okay.  Kaylee.

Want to know what Mark has to say?  Here's his take, courtesy of DietsinReview.com!





1 comment:

  1. Love the video clip. Glad I was not the only person who was bored with this episode. And seems with an hour long episode and focusing on previous contestants, I wonder how this next episode is going to go. The only thing likely to save it is the big "drama" we are promised. Someone walks off. If that turns out to be a gimmick, I have a feeling people are going to lose interest quickly. Only to be saved by make-over week.

    ReplyDelete