Monday, May 2, 2011

The Biggest Loser- #BL11- week 17- Back to the Ranch, One Hour Loser, and Top Chef Masters: Biggest Loser Edition

www.toothpastefordinner.com
Personal Note:  First of all, I want to apologize to my loyal readers who have become my friends for not being around more since I started my new job as a personal trainer.  Starting your own business is hard, y'all!  The hours are wackadoodle and I am pulling energy out of thin air that I didn't know was possible.  I miss being able to have more days off in a row, or a day off at all, and I really miss the connection I get with people I've never even met by reading their blogs and tweets. 

I have been told that it won't always be like this.  Fingers crossed!

I also think it is terribly unfair of NBC to adjust The Biggest Loser time slot to accommodate their new baby, The Voice.  It feels like a summer show, right?  There's only a few more episodes left of The Biggest Loser- can't we wait?  Now because of my work schedule I am going to miss the MAKEOVER EPISODE, which this year is only one hour long.  What?  ONE HOUR?!? AND TIM GUNN IS BACK!

Tim Gunn smash.


It's like when NBC canceled Conan for Jay Leno.  Or dropped Perfect Couples for The Paul Reiser Show.  Cluck cluck cluck.

If anyone of power is reading this, please bring back this show.  PLEASE.

Sigh.  So, back to the Ranch.  This one hour episode of The Biggest Loser starts with Austin needing to cut the cord, Irene stressing about losing 2 pounds and being THE biggest loser, and Ali introducing a new thing called "Favorites Week."  Does anyone remember there being a Favorites Week in the past?

Favorites Week includes the following:

1.)  Visits from favorite past contestants:  Ali, Sam, and Tara show up looking amazing and inspiring.

2.)  Favorite Challenges:  Tara drags a race car again and beats all the contestants.  Fair?  No (I think someone from this season should have gotten the prize), but she does get her face on a box of Wheaties and $5,000 for her charity.

Tara beating Rulon by a nose leads to yet another upset in a season full of upsets:  Rulon decides to leave the show.  No questions asked.  Seriously, nobody asks any questions and he leaves before he even weighs in.

My theory?  There are a lot of them out there, but I think he was pissed he got beaten by a woman and didn't want to lose any more.  He is an Olympic Athlete, after all.  He seemed really slated to win the entire show and everyone seemed really surprised.  Bob says it's a Biggest Loser first, but this season we had Dan, Don, and Kaylee all throw weigh ins to leave.  What are we not seeing behind the scenes?  That's juicy TV, folks.  We've got questions we need answers to!!!!

Oh, and Cara thinks it's fine because Rulon "is just tired of competing".  News Flash:  The Biggest Loser is a competition game show.  A GAME SHOW. 

They still have a weigh in, and Kaylee, after gaining weight AGAIN, is sent home and goes on a date with her new boyfriend, white team's Vance.  You know, the guy we met that one time.  With his mom?  No?  Hmmm.

Want to know what's in Mark's Melon?  Here is your chance!  Better not be any Brandon in this one, Mark.





****************************************************************************

James Oseland stinks.
I also wanted to add my two cents about Top Chef Masters.  This past week they aired an episode featuring Biggest Loser contestants (Rulon was there, and Courtney).  The chefs were in charge of following the shows strict calorie guidelines while adjusting the Loser's fave dishes into low calorie treats.

That part of the show I loved.  What I didn't like is that the judges and chefs talked to and about the contestants like they were mentally retarded or that being overweight is something you can catch.  It was really disturbing.  Maybe in their world it's not something they understand.  Curtis Stone has been hanging around a while and he is much more game, but that horrible judge with the glasses had a palpable disdain for the contestants and the challenge.  Not everyone is as nice as The Biggest Loser team, I guess.  I was looking forward to that episode and was disappointed and offended.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment